International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan
Commander: General John R. Allen (US)
Senior Civilian Representative: Ambassador Simon Gass (UK)
- 49 Troop Contributing Nations (total strength: 130,670)
- 6 Regional Commands
- 28 Provincial Reconstruction Teams (PRTs)
*data correct as of 9th September 2011
Guidelines for the external use of NATO content:
• No material produced by NATO is to be sold, used for outside advertising or promotional purposes of any kind.
• All content taken from NATO and republished must be clearly credited or sourced to NATO.
• Photos, videos and articles are released under the legally recognized terms of "Fair Use" to members of the press, academia, non-profits and the general public.
• No material is to be used in programs, articles or online publications of any kind that defame NATO or its member countries.
• Material is provided, free of charge, for use in objective and balanced content, even if at times the end products may be critical of NATO.
• In instances where a member country is criticized, NATO wishes it to be made known that it does not associate itself with the contents of the article, publication or broadcast.
• NATO reserves the right to request the removal of NATO copyrighted material from any externally created content.